WIPTTE : Changing the Hands of Education
New Keynote Speakers announced! Randall Davis from MIT and Barbara Tversky from Columbia University!
- Long Paper Submissions Due December 15, 2013
- Short Papers Due December 15, 2013
- Poster Submissions Due January 21, 2014
- Hotel Deadline January 31, 2014 Code: WIPTTE
- Previous Year's Program Schedule: Link
With the advent of MOOCS, flipped classes, distance education, and tablet PCs, education is now in the hands of the students more so than ever before. The Workshop on the Impact of Pen and Touch Technology in Education (WIPTTE) attempts to bring together users, developers, decision makers, students, and teachers to help ascertain and drive the trend of future education.
WIPTTE has been going strong for seven years now, with this being the eight annual instantiation of the conference. Each year approximately 150 participants from industry, academia (both developers and users), K-12 teachers, and junior/high school students came to share their tools, experiences, ideas, innovative uses with this new hands-on technology.
WIPPTE will include a diverse set of enriching experiences including academic and practicum talks and tutorials, campus research tours, grant and networking breakout sessions, and social events, including a banquet at the local winery. WIPTTE 2014 will be held in College Station, TX on the Texas A&M University campus, Home of the Fightin' Texas Aggies.
The beauty of WIPTTE is in the multicontextual diversity of the attendees. As opposed to standard conferences that focus on a single type of clientele, WIPTTE has a wide variety of participants that bring an array of different types know knowledge together. Past attendees include:
- Professors, Grad Researchers, Academic Deans, PhD Students, Librarian Academic Technology, Educational Technologists, Associate Deans, IT Directors, Instructional Technologists, Help Desk Directors
- Middle and High School Students, Lower School Tech Facilitators, Ed Tech Facilitator/Math Teacher, Teacher/Languages Dept. Cochair, Director of the Upper School, K-12
- Teachers, Director of Technology & Library Services, Math Department Chair, Math Science Resource Center Director
- Scientists, Project Coordinators, Senior Engineers, Sales Director, IT Managers, Research Software Design Engineers,Editor, Client Executive, Technology Analysts, Systems Engineers